You are eligible to enroll at CIES if you are at least 18 years old or have completed high school or its equivalent.
- Or complete the Paper Application and send it to us.
3. Upload the required documents:
- Copy of your high school diploma (if you are under 18 years old)
- Copy of your passport
- Letter of Financial Support. This letter, from a U.S. or international bank or government sponsor, must certify that money is available to support you during your studies at CIES. The letter must certify that at least $7,000 per semester (four months) will be available to you. You must include an additional $1,600 for your spouse and $1,000 for each child if they will come with you to the United States.
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR) Form: Download CFR HERE
- Transfer Students: Must also complete a Transfer Form: Download Transfer Form HERE
To upload your documents: go to the myCIES login page and log in with your FSUID and password. Then click on the green Document Upload tab. Documents must be in PDF or JPEG format. You may also e-mail your documents to email@example.com.
4. Pay the $120 Application Fee. (This is a non-refundable application fee.) To pay your Application Fee:
- Log into http://fees.fsu.edu with your FSUID and password (Click on "I have a permanent FSUID")
- Your $120 charge will appear and you can select to pay by credit card
- If you have any problems, please call CIES at 850-644-4797
If you are admitted, you will receive an official acceptance letter and immigration Form I-20, along with other information about the program within a few weeks. We will send them by express mail to the Admission Papers address in your Online Application Form.
6. Complete the required Health Forms. See more information below about the required immunizations and health insurance.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in the Center for Intensive English Studies and we look forward to meeting you!
CIES ONLINE APPLICATION LINK
HEALTH INSURANCE AND IMMUNIZATIONS
1. Health Insurance
Health Insurance is mandatory. You will not be allowed to attend classes without proof of valid health insurance that meets the FSU requirements. If you need to purchase health insurance, the insurance plans available at the following links are acceptable:
- PSI Service Gold Plan- Purchase for the exact dates of CIES classes OR for 3-12 months (renewable) at https://www.psiservice.com/cies.fsu
- ISO "Med 1" or "Shield 500" plans- Purchase for 3-11 months (non-renewable) at https://www.isoa.org/
- ISP Trail Blazer Plan- Purchase for 2-11 months (renewable) at http://intlstudentprotection.com/
You can also purchase Health Insurance through Florida State University upon arrival. Please see our front office staff for assistance.
2. Complete Immunization Records
Before you begin your classes at CIES or FSU, you must confirm that you have received the following required immunizations:
- 2 MMR's (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Meningococcal Meningitis*
- Hepatitis B*
Visit http://www.studentinsurance.fsu.edu/immunizations.html and fill out the required Health Compliance forms. Please print them out and complete them. Fax or mail one copy of the forms to the address below. Bring another set of copies to CIES when you check in.
University Health Services
Florida State University
960 Learning Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4178
Telephone: (850) 644-3608